This is a pious union of the faithful. Its purpose is to help the members live and publicize the Marian Way of Life as the easier and more secure means to sanctify themselves.
How to join the Confraternity of Mary, Queen of All Hearts
Membership in the Confraternity is acquired by entering the applicant’s name in the official register after completing the 33 Days Preparation class.
Conditions for Membership
- Any Catholic, including clerics and religious, may become a member of the Confraternity of Mary, Queen of All Hearts. The members may assume other obligations special to their spiritual life or apostolate.
- Prior to their enrollment, the applicants must consecrate themselves to the Blessed Virgin, using for this purpose the “Consecration of St. Louis Marie De Montfort.” [Rescript, 16 July, 1955]
In keeping with the purpose of the Confraternity, the members should enrich their lives with a Marian spirit, doing all things with Mary, through Mary, in Mary, and for Mary. By this means, they will more perfectly live and act with, through, in, and for Christ. They should renew their consecration faithfully and frequently, making a special practice of renewing it every morning at the beginning of each new day.
Feasts of the Confraternity
The members share in all good works and prayers of the members of the Confraternity of Mary. Feast of the Annunciation [25th March] is the principal feast of the Confraternity. On this feast, there is recalled to our minds the great truth of our divine Lord’s Incarnation and how he came to us through Mary and willed to submit Himself to her, His Holy Mother. The feast of St. Louis De Montfort [28th April] is the second principal feast of the Confraternity. Other special feasts of the Confraternity are:
- The Purification [2nd February]
- The Visitation [31st May]
- The Assumption [15th August]
- The Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows [15th September]
- The Immaculate Conception [8th December]
- Christmas [25th December]
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary.
On the occasion of the initial consecration [using the De Montfort formula] or, on the occasion of its renewal, a Plenary Indulgence is granted, under these conditions; going to Confession, reception of the Holy Eucharist and praying for the intentions of the Holy Father. Also, a Plenary Indulgence is granted with the said conditions on the following days:
- Day of enrollment in the Confraternity.
- Holy Thursday.
- Feast of the Annunciation.
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
- Feast of St. Louis De Montfort.
- First Saturday of the month.
The Prayer Meeting of the Confraternity of Queen of All Hearts holds every Wednesday from 5pm – 7pm within the Church premises.
Mr. Dele Uwefoh