The motto of the Catholic Women Organisation is “Light, Unity, Love and Peace – This is illustrated by our logo which comprises a shield containing a catacomb and lantern over the mystical Rose of Our Lady and both of them surmounted by the cross of Jesus Christ.
Aims and Objectives
- To serve as a medium through which the Catholic Women of Nigeria may speak and act as a unit for the good of our country and the world at large.
- To unite all Catholic Women of Nigeria in purpose, direction and action in religious, educational, social and economic fields.
- To unite all Catholic Women of Nigeria and direct them for the purposes of light unity, love, and peace amongst them and all people.
- To give priority to the Christian formation of all members of the National council of the Catholic Women, through emphasis on unity and a deeper understanding, and participation in the life of the Church leading to a greater understanding of the role of a Christian in today’s world.
- To render assistance to Catholic women groups in their effort to give service in their respective fields.
- To encourage, establish and maintain inter-religious Organisation sharing similar or complimentary aims and objectives.
- To act as an affiliate of the World Union of Catholic Women Organisations [WUCWO] and to represent Catholic Women of Nigeria on WUCWO board.
Membership of Catholic Women Organisation is open to all Catholic women from the age of 25.
2nd Sunday of every month immediately after 10am Mass in the Monsignor Pedro Martins hall.
Through Mary our Mother, we succeed.